Here at Ransfords we ensure that no part of the timber taken into our yards (often from our own forests) is wasted. If any of the timber isn’t good enough to be cut as Great British Timber because of damage or its size we leave it to dry then chip it to run the boilers which provide heat for the kilns, heating, chip, and firewood drying processes. It’s a virtuous energy circle which, like the solar panels on the mill roof, make us one of the most efficient mills in the UK. The Albach Chipper is provided by D&G Forestry of Welshpool.
- Our permanent war on waste
- A visit from a valued customer…it seems some things are getting back to something like normal!
- Getting the firewood in…with a little help from our friends
- If you live locally, try our top quality kiln dried & seasoned firewood. You’ll be back for more!
- Sound sense in West Yorkshire